Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy and very consistent crisp recipe which our family is quick to enjoy as soon as the rhubarb is ready to pick.
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch long pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- Place rhubarb in bottom of 13" x 9" pan.
- Mix water and sugar with Jell-o.
- Pour mixture over rhubarb.
- Pat yellow cake mix on top.
- Slice margarine and put on top of cake mix.
- Bake for 45- 60 minutes in a 350 degree overn.
I made this last night for dessert, using strawberry jello. It isn't much to look at once done, but the taste is fabulous! Served warm with a little bit of pouring cream and my guests were in heaven. Very easily put together. I will make this again. Thanks.