Recipe by Marmie's
I can not even remember how long ago I first made this..... but I do remember how amazed I was that I did and that it tasted so good! Very easy and a real money saver...plus so little fat compared to store bought salami. The bonus is, it tastes even better! Give it a try and I hope you like it. NOTE: Prep and cooking time do not include the 24 hours it sits in your fridge before baking!
- 4 lbs hamburger, lean
- 1⁄4 cup meat tenderizer
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a good size bowl, mix all ingredients together really well with your hands -- I know -- eeew it feels sticky!
- Pat into a ball shape and cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 24 hours,.
- Remove from fridge and mix well again.
- Pre heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Portion burger meat off into your desired size rolls -- mine are usually about 2 1/2 inches around and 6 inches long. But you can make them smaller.
- Roll into sausage looking rolls.
- Wrap in foil or cheese cloth.
- Place in broiling pan and bake for 4 hours.
- Remove cheese cloth as soon as it is finished baking, foil may remain on for cooling.
- Freezes really well.