An utterly yummy sounding version of Key Lime Pie. From "Key Lime Desserts" by Joyce LaFray.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup key lime juice, strained
- 1 medium mango, peeled seeded and pureed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the graham cracker crumbs, flouor, sugar and butter in a bowl and mix until well blended. Pat into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the key lime juice and mango puree. Add the condensed milk and egg yolks. Mix until well blended.
- 3Pour into the crust and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- 4Place the egg whites and sugar in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of warm water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. The whites will be slightly warm.
- 5Remove the bowl from over the pan of water and beat the whites until stiff peaks form.
- 6Spread over the top of the pie and place under broiler until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mark's Mango Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2060 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5639.9
- Calories from Fat 1891
- Total Fat 210.1 g
- Saturated Fat 114.4 g
- Cholesterol 1509.9 mg
- Sodium 3173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 857.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 727.8 g
- Protein 112.6 g