Recipe by SLP Lunch Lady
A delightful way to use squash and zucchini from that summer garden. The frozen corn adds just the right amount of sweetness. This recipe could easily be converted to being cooked on the grill. It can also be doubled or tripled for a large crowd.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the yellow squash, zucchini, and onion for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the desired texture, stirring occasionally.