Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Co-worker Marjorie brought this delicious macaroni salad for lunch one day and I just had to have the recipe. I think it must be the onion and bacon that give it that kick. I love it and hope you will too. (Note: all quantities are "to taste" - add more or less of everything to suit yourself)
- 16 ounces shell macaroni
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly chopped
- 1 large roma tomato, chopped
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, pieces (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (to taste) or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon tony cachere's seasoning (or season salt, to taste)
- Boil pasta, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Sprinkle cold pasta with seasoning.
- Stir in green onions, eggs, cheese, and bacon, adding tomatoes last.
- Let chill in the refrigerator and serve.
This is amazing. I don't like most of the macaroni salads out there. The tomato and the green onion are lovely. I don't have any tony cachere's so i just used paula's house seasoning. I used Target brand Light Chipotle Mayonnaise... Super easy and super tasty. I will make this again when go to a BBQ party so i can share it.