Recipe by Living la vida a belleza
This recipe is an invention of mine via a great family afternoon, and little time to prepare a meal. My husband couldn't stop boasting about this side dish. I served it with broiled pork chops spiced with garlic, salt and lots of ginger; and steamed brussel sprouts.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bowtie pasta)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits, real
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Meanwhile mix feta and oil in a pretty bowl. Toast pecans until just black but not burned - they taste more substantial and less 'nutty'. Put the nuts directly from the oven/toaster into the bowl with other ingredients. Listen to the sizzle!
- Pour drained pasta into the mix and toss.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits and serve warm.