1/1 Photo of Marinated Pesto Chicken
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A friend of mine brought this recipe back from her travels to the Mediterranean. She actually cooks the chicken on a barbecue. She roasts the vegetables while the chicken in marinating if she hasn't marinated the chicken overnight. The chicken in cooked on the cooler part of the barbecue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the basil, garlic, Parmesan, toasted pine nuts and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined.
- 2Gradually add the olive oil, with the processor still running, and process until smooth.
- 3Reserve 3/4 cup of the pesto.
- 4Coat the chicken fillets with the remaining pesto and marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight if time permits.
- 5Place the chicken on a tray and cook under a medium grill (broil) for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked, brushing with any remaining marinade during the cooking.
- 6Serve with roasted vegetables, (such as eggplant, capsicum, red onion) and the reserved pesto.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Pesto Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.9
- Calories from Fat 597
- Total Fat 66.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets