Recipe by dicentra
Vegetarian Times. December 2003. I would serve these with slices of pound cake or angelfood cake. Note chilling time.
- 6 ripe navel oranges
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons triple sec or 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp paring knife, peel the oranges of all rind, pith and inner skin. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/2-inch rounds. Place rounds on a serving platter in one or two layers.
- Sprinkle the slices with orange zest, sugar, lemon juice and Triple Sec. Baste fruit with liquid.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Baste or gently toss periodically. Serve chilled.