This is served in Colombian restaurants as part of their "Mountain Platter" or Bandeja Paisa. It is served with rice and beans, fried pork rinds (chicharone), fried sweet plantains, a slice of avocado, corn cake and a fried egg on top.
- Sprinkle steaks with lime juice then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine beer, garlic and olive oil; pour over steaks and marinate a minimum of one hour.
- Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over high heat until hot.
- Grill steaks 5 to 7 minutes, in total, for medium rare, up to 10 minutes, for well done.
- Steaks can be cut into serving size pieces before or after cooking.