Recipe by threeovens
This is served in Colombian restaurants as part of their "Mountain Platter" or Bandeja Paisa. It is served with rice and beans, fried pork rinds (chicharone), fried sweet plantains, a slice of avocado, corn cake and a fried egg on top.
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle steaks with lime juice then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine beer, garlic and olive oil; pour over steaks and marinate a minimum of one hour.
- Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over high heat until hot.
- Grill steaks 5 to 7 minutes, in total, for medium rare, up to 10 minutes, for well done.
- Steaks can be cut into serving size pieces before or after cooking.