Recipe by Miraklegirl
This recipe is from the Ottawa Citizen. This is a very tasty way to serve goat cheese. Great for parties or for a quiet lunch at home. Cook time is marinating time.
- 450 g chevre cheese (goat cheese)
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried chili
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut goat cheese into 1 cm rounds and place in a deep glass container or jar Add chilies, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic and lemon zest.
- Cover with oil and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate 2 days.
- Serve at room temperature on crackers, baguette, stuffed in cherry tomatoes, crumbled over salad- be creative!