Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe from *River Road Recipes* published by the Junior League of Baton Rouge celebrates the fresh fruits of summer using an easy oven method that frees the grill for the burgers, steaks, etc. The recipe can be halved easily, allows subbing canned peaches & pineapple when they are out of season & the oven method allows you to serve this low-cal, low-fat & tasty dessert yr-round. (Time does not include time for fruit to marinate under refrigeration) *Enjoy*
- 4 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted & quartered)
- 1 fresh pineapple (peeled & cut in lrg chunks)
- 4 bananas (peeled & cut in quartered chunks)
- 2 grapefruits (peeled & sectioned)
- 4 apples (peeled, cored & quartered)
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- Combine fruits & marinade in lrg bowl, mix gently to coat well & refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain & reserve marinade.
- Alternate fruit on 8 skewers, place in a shallow roasting pan & broil 6-8 minutes. Turn skewers & baste w/reserved marinade at mid-point of cooking time.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve w/vanilla yoghurt or vanilla ice cream -- or -- atop shortcake w/whipped cream.