Recipe by twissis
This recipe from *River Road Recipes* published by the Junior League of Baton Rouge celebrates the fresh fruits of summer using an easy oven method that frees the grill for the burgers, steaks, etc. The recipe can be halved easily, allows subbing canned peaches & pineapple when they are out of season & the oven method allows you to serve this low-cal, low-fat & tasty dessert yr-round. (Time does not include time for fruit to marinate under refrigeration) *Enjoy*
Top Review by MathMom.calif
This was nice and easy (just like the title says). I made a couple of changes. I didn't use grapefruit sections, because of my picky eaters. Instead I used orange sections. But I did buy a large grapefruit and juice it for the marinade. This only made 2/3 cup of juice, so I topped it off with some tangerine juice in the fridge. I used Triple Sec for the liquor. I didn't peel the apples or peaches. One thing I would change next time... I doubt I would use the bananas again. I had firm but ripe bananas, and when I left them to marinate for 1 hour, they kind of dissolved a bit and got mushy. They also were difficult to keep on the skewer, and some pieces split and fell off. So I would just not bother with the bananas next time. I served this as a side dish to Recipe #138684 for dinner last night. Thanks!
- 4 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted & quartered)
- 1 fresh pineapple (peeled & cut in lrg chunks)
- 4 bananas (peeled & cut in quartered chunks)
- 2 grapefruits (peeled & sectioned)
- 4 apples (peeled, cored & quartered)
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fruits & marinade in lrg bowl, mix gently to coat well & refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain & reserve marinade.
- Alternate fruit on 8 skewers, place in a shallow roasting pan & broil 6-8 minutes. Turn skewers & baste w/reserved marinade at mid-point of cooking time.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve w/vanilla yoghurt or vanilla ice cream -- or -- atop shortcake w/whipped cream.