This recipe from *River Road Recipes* published by the Junior League of Baton Rouge celebrates the fresh fruits of summer using an easy oven method that frees the grill for the burgers, steaks, etc. The recipe can be halved easily, allows subbing canned peaches & pineapple when they are out of season & the oven method allows you to serve this low-cal, low-fat & tasty dessert yr-round. (Time does not include time for fruit to marinate under refrigeration) *Enjoy*
My Private Note
Fruit K ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted & quartered)
- 1 fresh pineapple (peeled & cut in lrg chunks)
- 4 bananas (peeled & cut in quartered chunks)
- 2 grapefruits (peeled & sectioned)
- 4 apples (peeled, cored & quartered)
- 1Combine fruits & marinade in lrg bowl, mix gently to coat well & refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain & reserve marinade.
- 2Alternate fruit on 8 skewers, place in a shallow roasting pan & broil 6-8 minutes. Turn skewers & baste w/reserved marinade at mid-point of cooking time.
- 3Serving Suggestion: Serve w/vanilla yoghurt or vanilla ice cream -- or -- atop shortcake w/whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Fresh Fruit Kabobs (Easy Oven Method)
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: