Recipe by Marie
Slice this so tender marinated flank steak thin and diagonally across the grain of the meat and place on buttered grilled hard rolls for one of the best sandwiches you will ever eat! Prep time does not include marinating time in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Girl from India
Hey Marie! Made this on Sunday and am using it for sandwiches eversince. I realised I did not review it when I came to check out the recipe to make it again :( Sorry.(but it should give you a hint;) ) Great stuff. Only used normal salt instead of celery as we do not get it here. DH enjoys the sandwiches I pack for him using this with hard or soft loaves which I bake. So I thank you for contributing to my labour of love :D Fay.
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, scored
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients and simmer for ten minutes uncovered.
- Cool to room temperature and pour over 1 1/2 lbs of scored flank steak.
- Cover and let stand in refrigerator for several hours, basting occasionally.
- Place on grill, cook for five minutes, turn and cook five minutes more or until no more than medium.
- Slice very thin diagonally across the grain.