Recipe by CountryLady
Posted in response to a request - from Food & Drink magazine! Timing doesn't include standing.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cups fiddleheads
- fresh ground pepper
- coriander, fresh, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, vinegar, curry paste, cinnamon & cardamom together in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Rub brown peppery scales off fiddleheads, rinse several times under cold running water, drain well & trim off ends; steam in a rack over boiling water until tender-crisp, about 7 - 9 minutes.
- Drain well, add to dressing in dish, toss well to combine & season to taste.
- Allow to cool; cover & refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to a day, shaking dish occasionally to stir.
- Before serving, bring to room temperature, toss to moisten & check seasoning; sprinkle with coriander.