3 hrs 33 mins
3 hrs 20 mins
A simple side salad where the cucumbers retain some crispness. Almost pickled, I guess. A mandolin makes short work of slicing the cucumber. Times include all sitting, cooling and marinating needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice the cucumbers. Place in a colander, sprinkling with the salt between each layer. Place colander over a bowl and leave to drain for 1 hour.
- 2Under cold running water, rinse the cucumber to remove all the salt. Pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper.
- 3Add the sugar, cider and the vinegar to a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- 4Place cucumber slices in a bowl and pour over the cooled cider mixture. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- 5Drain the cucumbers and sprinkle with the dill and pepper (to taste). Mix well then transfer to a serving dish. Chill until serving time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1747.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: