1 hr 10 mins
Choose colorful tomatoes for a beautiful presentation. From Fine Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved (can be mixed colors)
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Provolone garlic bread
- 1For the tomatoes: In a shallow bowl, mix the tomatoes, green onions, parsley, basil, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl and let the tomatoes marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, but preferably 3 to 4 hours. Stir them occasionally so that all the tomatoes are marinated. If the tomatoes are very ripe and marinate long enough, they will crack and burst, allowing their juices to mix deliciously with the marinade.
- 2For the garlic bread: Combine the olive oil and garlic and let the mixture stand for 10 minute so the flavors blend. Meanwhile, heat the broiler. Brush one side of each piece of bread with the garlic and olive oil and broil them, oiled side up, until lightly browned. Put a slice of provolone and a generous sprinkling of asaigo on the toasted side of each slice, saving a little Parmesan for garnish. Set the bread aside until you're ready to serve the tomatoes.
- 3Just before serving, heat up the broiler again. Toast the bread under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.
- 4To serve, put a piece of the bread in a shallow soup bowl. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the tomatoes and marinade on or around the edges of the bread. Garnish with more asaigo.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Cherry Tomatoes over Warm Provolone Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.4
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: