Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the cookbook Today's Kitchen cookbook(America's No. 1 Morning Show) this was made by Mario Batali. Yum!
- 2 medium butternut squash, seeded, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus 4 tbls. olive oil )
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, sliced paper thin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Season the squash with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with 4 tbls. of the olive oil, and place in a single layer on 1 02 cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven about 18-20 minutes, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, stir the remaining oil, vinegar, onion, chile flakes, oregano, and garlic together and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the squash from the oven and pour the marinade over. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes in the marinade, then sprinkle with the fresh mint leaves, and serve.
- This dish can be made earlier in the day but should not be refrigerated. Enjoy!
I followed this recipe except I only used 1 squash and didn't have any mint leaves. Even though I cut the recipe in half, I think it still could have used less oil and the oregano was a tad bit overpowering. I'm glad to have another recipe for butternut squash to use. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game 2010.