Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
From The Cleaner Plate Club
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Trim the broccoli of all but 1 inch of its stem. Cut into florets.
- Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes. You can use a steamer or fill a large pot with a couple inches of water and set a steaming basket over top and cover with a lid. Immediately place the steamed broccoli in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the broccoli and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Sir in the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and zest. Remove from the heat and pour over broccoli, tossing to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 4 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds.