Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is a very versatile salad. You can serve it as a side dish with any grilled or BBQ'd meat, as an accompaniment for your favorite enchiladas or fajitas, or as a dip with tortilla chips. You can add corn to it as well as diced celery- use your imagination! It's from a September 1986 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Cooking Class" section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked black beans (may use canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 small tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons herb vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced avocados
- 1Combine first 8 ingredients in nonaluminum bowl;let stand at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 2(Can be prepared 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.).
- 3Just before serving, fold in avocado and season with salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.9
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g