Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very versatile salad. You can serve it as a side dish with any grilled or BBQ'd meat, as an accompaniment for your favorite enchiladas or fajitas, or as a dip with tortilla chips. You can add corn to it as well as diced celery- use your imagination! It's from a September 1986 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Cooking Class" section.
- 1 cup cooked black beans (may use canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons herb vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced avocados
- Combine first 8 ingredients in nonaluminum bowl;let stand at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- (Can be prepared 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.).
- Just before serving, fold in avocado and season with salt to taste.