5 hrs 20 mins
This is a great marinade for kabobs, do not marinade the chicken for more than 5 hours or the lemon juice will start to *cook* the chicken. This recipe may be doubled to 10-12 breasts but prepare two separate marinades in two separate bowls, do not combine the doubled marinade into one bowl. Feel free to thread on you favorite veggies such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes or whatever you desire! If you prefer a sweeter glaze then increase the honey by a couple tablespoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey (can use more) or 1/3 cup light corn syrup (can use more)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves (sliced into thirds, or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional) or 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1In a bowl mix together the oil with soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic slices, black pepper and cayenne.
- 2Place the chicken cubes in the bowl and toss to coat with the marinade.
- 3Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- 4Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- 5Pour marinade into a saucepan then remove the garlic slices and discard; boil for 10 minutes over medium-low heat (start timing the 10 minutes after boiling starts).
- 6Thread the chicken onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 7Place the skewers on a grill and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, basting with cooked marinade during the last 10-12 minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinade for Chicken Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.3
- Calories from Fat 532
- Total Fat 59.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 113.2 mg
- Sodium 1269.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 39.5 g