Recipe by Natitude
This is a great tasting, ridiculously simple hashbrown casserole. It's juicy, cheesy, and always a crowd pleaser. You may want to make two as guests always come back for seconds!
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This is rather good. I cut the recipe in half. It as easy to make. It may have been the brand of hash browns I used (store brand), but by the time the potatoes were done, they were more like tasty mashed potatoes. I will be making this again but will use a different brand of hash browns.Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for the PAC Fall 2007 game.
- 26 ounces hash browns
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup onions (chopped) or 1 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups crumbled soda crackers (or corn flakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl, except ingredients for the topping. Place mixture in a 9 x 13inch casserole dish.
- Melt stick of butter on medium heat and crumble crackers into a bowl. Pour in melted butter and mix until crackers are saturated with the melted butter.
- Spread butter and cracker mixture evenly ontop of hashbrown mixture.
- Cook for 40-50 mins, or until centre of casserole bubbles.