Prep 10 hrs
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe was included in a cookbook our family just put together for this summer's family reunion. I love the fact that it can be prepared in crockpot, oven, or on top of the stove! Plus it sounds delicious! (Prep time includes marinating meat overnight; cook time indicated would be if crock pot is used; shorter times would be involved if stove or oven are used)
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 -3 links kielbasa
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard
- Combine all ingredients but kielbasa.
- Cut kielbasa into chunks and stir into sauce.
- Let marinate overnight.
- Heat in crockpot for 6-7 hours; on stove for 1/2 hour or more; or in oven for 30 minutes at 325 or 350.
- Serve with toothpicks, or crusty rolls.
- This reheats and freezes well.
- Cocktail franks and smoky sausages are also good in this sauce.
- The longer they sit, the better they taste!
I thought this tasted fantastic. The kids didn't seem to be as enthusiastic about it as me, but they did like it and wanted it again.
Would definately make this again. Cooked it on the stovetop only because I forgot to throw it into the crockpot before going to work. Would be an easy thing to bring to a potluck.