Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soooo yummy if I do say so myself! Can prep everything a day early!
Make and share this Margaritaville Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 quart margarita mix
Pico de gallo
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (red or white)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 serrano pepper, diced very small
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large minced garlic clove (you can always add more)
- 1 teaspoon champagne or 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons margarita mix
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- corn tortilla strips
- Mexican blend cheese
- Marinate chicken in margarita mis for 12-24 hours.
- Mix all pico ingredients together and store in fridge till ready to use.
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside till ready to use.
- Grill chicken on low heat turning 1/4 turns every two minutes till cooked through.
- Remove from heat and place in a baking pan and divide the sauce between the 4 breasts.
- Sprinkle with cheese (about 1/3 c each) and bake in a 350 oven just till till cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven, plate, and divide the pico between the 4 plates.
- Garnish with crispy tortilla strips.
- Serve with Mexican rice/corn/and beans.
- Prep time doesn't include marinade time.
I really like the flavors of the pico de gallo, ranch sauce and mexican cheeses all mixed up together. However; the chicken did not turn out well for me. I made my own margarita mix with fresh lemon and lime juice so that may have been the source of my problem. I marinated the chicken for about 20 hours and the fresh citrus juice made the chicken tough. Perhaps the store bought margarita mix would not do that.
Very colorful and tasty. Loved the pico de gallo and the spicy sour cream ranch sauce. I liked the blend of flavors but the margarita mix made the chicken a bit too sweet and it stood out among the other flavors too much - I think next time I would use some combination with unsweetened lime juice. Thanks so much for posting!
Okay, here's the deal. I don't like raw onions, or cilantro, or taco seasoning, or margarita mix really (unless it's outmixed with tequila)...HOWEVER...This is the most amazing chicken I have ever had. I didn't change a thing about the recipe (except more garlic)because I think every good chef deserves their chance before I tear it apart. And I can tell you one thing, I will never change anything about this. The margarita mix gives a fruity but not too citrusy flavor to the chicken, and once the pico has a chance to marinate and spread the flavors it becomes an unreal addition to the spicy sauce, and...wow I don't know what else to say, other than WOW. I have had so many chicken dishes that are good, but nothing compared to this. Oh, and I lied before...I did saute the chicken instead of grilling it because I'm too lazy to fire up the grill. Wish I could give this about 300 stars and put it on the home page as a MUST TRY! Way to go homegirl!!!