Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Depending on the situation, these prawns could be a snack, appetizer or main dish. This is a summer favorite and very easy to prepare. Prep time does not reflect marinating time or standing time.
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
For the kabobs
- 24 large prawns, shelled,deveined,tails left on (1+1/2lbs)
- 2 -3 medium limes
- In a large glass bowl or plastic bag, combine marinade ingredients; add prawns.
- Turn to coat.
- Refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- Heat grill.
- Let prawns stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut lime into 18 pieces.
- Drain prawns, reserving marinade.
- On each of 6 metal skewers alternate 4 prawns and 3 lime pieces.
- Oil grill rack.
- Place kabobs 4-6 inches from the heat and cook 6-10 minutes until prawns are pink, turning and basting with the marinade.
YUM!! YUM!! such flavour!! Wonderful. I just did 16 prawns but made the full marinade. The prawns were partially cooked by the marinade, kind of like a ceviche, finished on the grill they were sooo delicious, I did double the hot pepper sauce so they had a lovely tingle on the palate. I will be making these again, can't wait for prawns to be on special again!! Thanks for posting.