Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Nigella Lawson. Nigella says, "This is a cinch to make, and easy-easy-easy to eat. It is, now that I come to think of it, in effect a no-churn version of the ice cream in Forever Summer. If you want to serve it in glasses dipped in sugar and salt, by all means do. But it is so good, that even as someone is not a committed ice cream eater and no kind of a drinker, I find I can spoon it straight into my mouth from the container I've chilled it in. In other words: no decorative touches or embellishments are remotely needed. This is truly the express way to dessert-deliriousness."
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended -- Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pour the lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.
- Spoon into an airtight container to freeze overnight.
- This ice cream does not need ripening (softening before serving), as it will not freeze too hard and melts speedily and voluptuously.
- **Cook time does not include freezing overnight (or for approximately 8 hours.).