Recipe by Crisscross
A colleague brought these for a potluck. They are delicious. You can also add skor pieces to the batter in addition to sprinkling them on top. She also said if you are pressed for time you can use a brownie mix. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup Skor English toffee bit (for batter) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup Skor English toffee bit
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan melt cocoa and butter, stirring as it melts.
- Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, flour, nuts and salt (and extra skor pieces if using).
- Pour cocoa mixture over and stir all together.
- Scrape batter into greased 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 min, until edges show signs of pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and skor toffee pieces.
- approximately 5-10 min before brownies are finished, remove from oven and sprinkle with mixture of chocolate chips and skor chip toffee pieces.
- Return to oven for remainder of baking time.
- If chocolate/toffe is not sufficiently melted when the brownies are done, comver with tinfoil while they are cooling.