Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is a favorite in our house. This recipe came from a relative of my mother's and it was handed down to her by her mother
- 1⁄4 ounce dry yeast (1 pk)
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 cup cottage cheese, creamed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 2 1⁄4-2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Heat cottage cheese and butter together.
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Combine in mixing bowl: cottage cheese, butter, sugar, onion, dill seed, salt, baking soda, egg and softened yeast.
- Add flour to form stiff dough, beating well after each addition.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Knead down dough.
- Make into round balls and put in greased pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
i love dill bread and this is a good one glad to see someone else from neb here on web it is small world lol dee