Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good and simple chili with a hint of brown sugar....yummy! My family is a bit picky and doesn't like onions and peppers but feel free to add if desired.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans (mild)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef/turkey and drain. Add to a large pot along with tomato soup, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili beans, brown sugar and water. Let simmer on low-medium heat for 1 hour. Sprinkle individual servings with cheddar cheese.
After making this chili I kept out enough for two & froze the rest of it for another time! A nice tasting dish, although personal preference dictated that I throw in a diced onion & an additional can of chili beans! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]