1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Can't remember where this came from, Have had it written down for a few years. Just tried it recently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 bananas (ripe)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 8 tablespoons butter (one stick, at room temp)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 11. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit . Grease & flour an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- 22. Melt chocolate & 2 Tablespoons of butter in medium size microwave safe bowl. Set aside.
- 33. Mash bananas in small bowl. Add lemon juice & zest. Set aside.
- 44. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt,& nutmeg in small bowl. Set aside.
- 55. Beat butter & sugars together on medium speed until creamy; About 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, Beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 66. Reduce speed to low and add half of dry mixture. Beat until just incorporated. Mix in milk until just blended. Add rest of dry mixture.
- 77. Scrape down the bowl &add in banana mixture.
- 88. Pour a little less than half of batter into bowl with the melted chocolate and stir to blend.
- 99. Drop alternating spoonfuls of both batters into the prepared pan. (Or you could use other marbling techniques) Using an table knife zig-zag through the batter 6-8 times; taking care not to over-do it.
- 1010. Bake for 1 hour & 20 to 30 minutes until a thin knife inserted comes out clean. (If cake starts to brown too fast, cover loosely with tented foil.).
- 1111. Transfer pan to cooling rack & let it rest for 15 minutes before unmolding. Cool cake to room temperature before serving,.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marbled Banana Loaf Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.4 mg
- Sodium 341.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g