Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "5 Ingredient Fix."
Make and share this Maple Sweet Potato Puree recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grade b maple syrup, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided in 1/2
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into chunks.
- Combine the sweet potato chunks, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 tsp pepper and place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft. Check the sweet potatoes after 15 minutes and stir if needed.
- About 10 minutes before the sweet potatoes are done, thinly slice the onion.
- Melt 2tbsp butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil, the sliced onion, 2 tbsp maple syrup, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté onions for about 2 minutes or until deep golden brown. If pan becomes dry, add 1 tbsp water.
- Remove the onions from the stove and set aside.
- Put the sweet potato mixture in a food processor and pulse until just blended. Add half the caramelized onions. Pulse a few times until you have the desired consistency, adding 1 tbsp water at a time if needed for a smoother puree.
- Fold in the remaining onions, reserving a few for the garnish.
- Serve in a warm dish garnished with the remaining caramelized onions on top for garnish.