Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A flavorful little cookie from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Sift first three ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add eggs, lemon extract and milk.
- Add flour mixture and blend well.
- Refrigerate about 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Roll dough 1/4" thick and dust with maple sugar; cut into attractive shapes with cookie cutters, place on prepared cookie sheets and bake about 15 minutes.
I had never had maple sugar cookies before, but I was very impressed. These are not super sweet - just perfect with hot tea or coffee. The hint of lemon is perfect! I used real maple sugar, not the fake stuff. I did add a slight bit more milk to the batter as it was very, very dry. Cooked 15 minutes and they came out super! I will keep this recipe. Thanks!