Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve these with eggs, bacon/sausage and loads of butter.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix in shortening.
- Add milk to make a soft dough.
- Pat or roll out dough to ½" thickness.
- Cut with a small biscuit cutter.
- Spread with softened butter and with male syrup (if desire, cinnamon).
- Bake in greased pan or baking sheet at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Makes about 16 biscuits.