Recipe by Chabear01
Found this recipe in November 1996 Family Circle Magazine. I make these for gift baskets during the holidays, I used my Amber Maple syrup and found it was a great additon. The recipe says to allow to cool, but I'll bet you won't be able to resist a few warm from the oven, they are soooo doggone good.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these for my finger food counter to serve a group I host regularly, but I tell you ~ I look forward to making this recipe again & again, 'cause these nuts are ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING! I wouldn't change a thing, & did use pure maple syrup! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g whole almond, blanched (1 1/2 cups)
- 226.79 g pecans (2 cups)
- 226.79 g peanuts, roasted unsalted (1 1/2 cups)
- 6.16 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 3.69 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne pepper (depending on your taste)
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet (I use cast iron) over high heat. Add almonds; saute, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until almonds begin to brown. Add pecans; saute 1 minute. Add peanuts; saute 1 minute more.
- Lower heat to medium-high. Sprinkle nuts with salt, coriander, black pepper and cayenne pepper; toss to coat nuts.
- Pour maple syrup over nuts, saute until syrup is evaporated and nuts are lightly caramelized, 1 minute. Spoon into 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven, tossing occasionally, for 30 minutes or until no longer sticky. Cool completely.