Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from another site and is very highly rated, with good reason. I love this recipe and my sister who doesnt like the fishyness of salmon even loves it too. Just thought I would share it here. :) The only thing I do different is use garlic powder in place of the salt.
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb salmon
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
Hey, this is the recipe that I use! I love it a lot. It's so delicious but so easy to make. I never remember to make this with enough time to let it marinate, but that's okay. In fact, some days I'm so impatient that I just cook the salmon steaks in the glaze in a skillet over medium-low heat. Either way, it's still better than any maple glazed salmon I've had in restaurants.
I did not have any salmon so I used cod with this marinade. It was very good. I used the garlic powder also. I think next time I will add some more pepper and some fresh grated ginger. I served it with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Thanks for a great new way to do fish.