This recipe is simple yet wonderful. I've made this for fish haters who ended up loving the dish.
Make and share this Maple Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- In a deep bowl, mix maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Arrange fillets so that marinade completely covers fish.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for as long possible (ideally 24 hours).
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub oil on a 10 by 10-inch sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place pepper on a small plate.
- Remove salmon from marinade and pat topside only into cracked pepper to coat.
- Place fillets, pepper side up, on foil.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for approximately 7 minutes.
Wow, this salmon was so moist and flavorful! I really loved the flavor or the maple syrup and soy sauce. It helped to balance the black pepper. Even though we all love black pepper, it was just a bit too much for us. I'll do this again but just liberally sprinkle the salmon with the black pepper. I love how simple and quick this recipe was and will definitely cook it again! Thanks for posting. Made for the Spring Pick A Chef event in the contests/events forum.
Very simple and tasty. I saved the marinade, boiled it and drizzled it over the finished salmon. Emphasis on easy!