Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for entertaining or a midweek meal. Time doesn't include marinating.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large pork loin chops
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 8 3⁄4 ounces greens
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh lemon juice
- Mix the paprika, maple syrup and two tablespoons of the vegetable oil together in a bowl, and rub into the pork chops.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour or longer.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and gently pan-fry each chop on both sides, until they start to blacken.
- Using tongs, hold the chop at right angles to the pan to colour the strip of fat as well, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes until tender and cooked through.
- Mix the mayonnaise and mustard together and set aside.
- Wash and dry the greens and finely shred. Cook in boiling salted water until tender, drain and dress with the butter, lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Spoon the pan juices over the chops and season well with more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the chops with the greens and the mustard mayonnaise.