Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This loaf is a slightly sweet, maple flavored loaf filled with chewy pieces of cranberry. Recipe from Company's Comming.
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup cranberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 14 ounces pumpkin puree (No spices)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans (Toasted)
- Heat and stir orange juice and cranberries in small saucepan on medium heat until just boiling. Remove from heat. Let stand for about 30 minuntes until cooled to room temperature.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in centre.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in medium bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin and first amount of maple syrup. Beat until smooth. Add to well. Add orange juice mixture. Stir utnil just moistened. Line bottom and sides of lightly greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with parchment paper(not waxed), leaving 1 1/2 inch overhang on each side. Spoon batter into pan. Spread evenly. Bake in 350 degree oven for 70 -75 minutes until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove pan to wire rack. Run knife around loaf to loosen. Do not remove from pan.
- Boil second amount of maple syrup in small heavy saucepan on medium for 3-5 min until lightly reduced and thickened. Carefully pour hot syrup evenly over loaf. Immediately sprinkle with toasted pecans. Let stand in pan on wire rack for 30 minute Lift loaf from pan using parchment paper edges and handles. Set on wire rack to cool completely, disgarding parchment paper. Cuts into 16 pieces.