Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great breakfast or dinner sausage. Can be frozen on paper lined baking sheet and when frozen transfer to freezer bags. Defrost when needed and saute as in recipe. Recipe from LCBO Food and Drink spring 2006 issue.
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage, leaf (finely crumbled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil or 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- Peel and finely chop shallot in food processor.
- Heat butter in pan over medium heat, until bubbly, add shallot.
- Saute for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Stir pork with wine, maple syrup, salt,sage,pepper, parsley and shallot mixture, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Divide pork mixture into 8 portions, and shape into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute patties (not overcrowding pan)turning occasionnaly, for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Move over Jimmy Dean! I chilled in a steel bowl before making patties. I didn't have parchment.I cooked some and froze some between waxed paper. I also used cilantro flakes.