I have not yet tried this, but it is from an overdue library book (From Our Mothers' Kitchens) and I want to return the book tomorrow, so need to get the recipes I want to try copied down, pronto. I am a big fan of maple syrup and am convinced these squares will be delicious. According to Anita Stewart, the author of the book, this recipe is several generations old.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F; have ready an ungreased 9-inch square cake pan.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar, rub in butter to make coarse crumbs.
- 3Pat evenly and firmly into pan and bake for 5 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
- 4Increase oven temperature to 425F.
- 5In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes.
- 7Pour this syrup mixture into a mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs, vanilla and flour until smooth, then stir in pecans.
- 8Pour over base, return pan to oven, and bake for 10 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to 350F and continue to bake until firm, about 15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pecan Squares
Serving Size: 1 (972 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 37.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g