Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Begin by simmering the luscious Maple-Pecan Pork Chops in apple juice, then drizzle with sweet maple syrup and top with crunchy pecans.
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, pepper and 2 teaspoons syrup. Brush over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add apple juice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Add pecans and remaining syrup to the skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Serve over pork chops.
Highly reccomend this recipe! I think I got it from Quick Cooking magazine years ago. Delish!