Recipe by Hey Jude
My old 'tried and true' pecan pie recipe was the Ann Lander's recipe. I've replaced it with this one....chocolate and maple syrup make this pecan pie a whole new deal. This is a Betty Crocker recipe.
- 1 prepared pie crust, unbaked
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, butter, syrup, salt and eggs with hand beater or wire whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake 15 minutes. Cover crust edge with 2 to 3-inch wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake 25 to 35 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool 15 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on high, 1 minute. Stir until smooth; drizzle over top of pie. Serve pie warm or cool. Store it in the fridge if there are leftovers.