Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Even for a lazy baker like me this is easy and has a wonderful blend of flavors, which gets raves every time I make it.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (use 1/4 tsp. salt if using salted butter)
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 8 ounces whole cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add maple extract and unbeaten eggs and mix.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, alternating with sour cream until blended.
- Spray cooking spray into bundt pan.
- Sprinkle bottom of the pan with 1/4 cup of the nuts, adding 1/2 of the batter on top of the nuts.
- Pour the cranberry sauce into a bowl and mix it up to soften it.
- Add cranberry sauce to batter and swirl it through batter with a table knife.
- Add remaining nuts and the rest of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
- Cool completely in pan before inverting on a cake platter.
Instead of a cake I made one large loaf and one small. It tastes good, but the cranberry sauce changes to a blue-gray color, kind of a turn off. Recipe also calls for 4 cups flour. I only used two; I think the 4 cups is a typo. Thanks for the recipe. Toni