Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Not too shabby served with Perfect Gingerbread. From Mostly Vegetables by Susan Costner
- 1 cup creme fraiche or 1 cup sweetened yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 comice pears
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pears should be cored, peeled and quartered.
- In chilled bowl mix the creme until smooth. Add cardamon and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle pears with lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a large deep pan over medium high heat and add the pears. Cook stirring frequently, uncovered. The pears should begin to brown and are tender. About 15 to 20 minutes. Add syrup and cook for a few minutes more.
- Briefly whisk together chilled cream until thick. Serve pears warm topped with cream.