Recipe by MrsKnox2016
My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger. I have not tried this recipe. I love homemade granola, but loathe all the extra fat and sugar that can sneak into my bowl! This give you a healthy dose of omega-3's, protein, carbs and tastes great too.
Top Review by Vinca
I love this recipe!! Super easy and not too sweet and heavy. I didn't have almonds so I substituted sunflower seeds and I also substituted chopped, dried apricots for the raisins. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting it.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup raw unsalted walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, nuts, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and the raisins, if using.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes total.
- Cool completely, then store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- *Serving size is 1/2 cup.