Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for ZWT'06 for Canada.
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add white sugar and confectioners sugar 1 tablespoon at a time while continuing to whip to stiff glossy peaks.
- Mix in the maple extract. Spoon meringue onto the prepared cookie sheets in 1 inch circles.
- Place in the preheated oven, and immediately reduce the temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until cookies are dry and easy to remove from the paper.
These were great! I love all Meringue recipes and this one was no different! I loved the maple flavor and these would be a great Canada Day treat! Thanks for the recipe!