Recipe by Soobeeoz
We had this for dinner a couple of nights ago and it was absolutely delicious. I halved the marinade ingredients, using it for two fish fillets. Cooking time includes marinating. Recipe is from Country Living, March 2000.
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup (grade B, if available)
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot (peeled and grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 lbs salmon fillets (skin on)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F In a large baking dish, combine maple syrup, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, pepper and salt. Place salmon, skin side up, in dish. Cover and refrigerate, and marinate 15 minutes. Turn; marinate another 15 minutes.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Place salmon on parchment, skin-side down. Brush with marinade and place in oven. Roast salmon 10 minutes. Brush fish with remaining marinade and continue roasting until flesh flakes when tested with a fork - 10 to 15 minutes more.