Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I put this recipe together one year for thanksgiving and it has become a requirement for every year.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring (mapeliene)
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
- In a large pot, mix together first six ingredients on medium heat and bring to soft ball stage (~236 degrees F).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into 13" X 9" buttered pan.
- Allow to reach room temperature and score with knife before cutting.