Prep 30 mins
Cook 41 mins
Mmmm...another maple goodie. Maple and cinnamon are a perfect combo in these moist, rich cookies with their creamy frosting! A must try for anyone who loved maple syrup!
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter with an electric mixer. Then add brown sugar and mix until combined. Add syrup,egg and mix thoroughly.
- Wet your fingertips with warm water when forming balls to avoid sticky fingers
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking soda.Then add flour mixture to batter.
- Blend thoroughly and chill for 30 minutes. Roll dough into one inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 9 to 11 minutes. Remove and place on cooling rack. Cool slightly then frost.
- To make frosting combine butter,vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Add sugar, milk and mix until creamy.
These were good. They were very easy to mix up, and the family devoured them. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have as much maple flavor as I anticipated, but they were still very good. Thanks!
Awesome cookies! These were so easy to mix up, and the dough reminded me very much of molasses cookies. The flavor and texture were similar as well, except of course the flavor was rich and subtle sweetness of maple rather than the sharpness of molasses. I used maple flavoring rather than vanilla in the frosting, and my future step son just couldn't get enough of these. He and his friend ate about 2 dozen of them quite quickly! Definitely a repeat recipe.