Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 20 pieces pineapple, 20 fresh chunks
- Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with non-stick spray. Soak 20 bamboo skewers in warm water for 20 minute Combine maple syrup and barbecue sauce. Set aside.
- Cut bacon in half crosswise and cook in skillet over medium heat about 3 minutes per side, until lightly cooked but still flexible. Place on paper towels and let cool. Cut onion into wedges; separate pieces. Microwave 20 pieces on a plate on igh for 30 seconds.
- Cut chicken into 20 pieces, 1 inch each. Wrap cooked bacon piece around chicken. Thread 1 onion piece onto skewer, then chicken, then pineapple. Repeat for other skewers. Divide maple-barbecue sauce in half. Brush skewered food with half the sauce.
- Broil skewers 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes; remove from oven and turn over. Brush with remaining sauce. Broil 4 more minutes.
This is a great recipe! Easy to make, fun for a tapas party. Way to go on this one Family Circle!!!