1/4 Photos of Maple Cherry Glazed Salmon
DH saw an advertisement and thought this sounded good. I did some digging and found a recipe that I could modify. Serve with rice to absorb the wonderful sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup dry tart cherries
- 1/3 cup cherry juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt (to taste)
- black pepper, freshly cracked (to taste)
Maple Cherry Glaze (use 1/2 cup)
- 1Make the glaze by bringing the cherry juice to a simmer in a non-reactive saucepan and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a quick boil, reduce temperature and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and stir in vanilla.
- 3Cool to room temperature and then chill.
- 4Preheat grill on highest setting; rub the salmon with oil; season with salt and black pepper.
- 5Divide the glaze using half to baste the salmon while cooking and the other half to drizzle over the salmon when serving.
- 6Before cooking the salmon, place the 1/3 cup cherry juice and dry tart cherries in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover and allow to stand to reconstitute while the fish cooks.
- 7Place the salmon on the grate and turn down the flame to the medium setting; baste the salmon with the glaze and grill for approximately 6 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily.
- 8Drizzle the salmon with the cherry glaze and top with reconstituted cherries.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Cherry Glazed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: