Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this sauce over your next apple pie....A easy way to dress up a baked frozen pie that will make it look home made!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a heavy 1-quart saucepan mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water.
- Stir in cream and syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling (mixture may appear.
- Cook and stir an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Serve warm over Apple Pie apple dumplings.
- Refrigerate any unused portions.